Margaret Garner

My life in Margaritaville

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Commuter's Nightmare



I was on my way to work Friday morning when my car died. It was 6:40a.m. and I was cruising south on I-5 when all of a sudden I lost all power. I had to coast over to the shoulder and call for a tow truck. The tow truck driver was pleased to find out that I am a high school counselor and he used the drive to get my advice about his teen-aged son. I think he was hoping for lots of advice because he took us on the longest possible route to my mechanic in Kirkland. Have you ever seen the typical Family Circus comic with the dotted line showing little Billy's path as he loops and curls his way through the neighborhood? Well, that's what my trip to Kirkland was like. For starters, we began in Seatac and went south to Federal Way before turning around. The entire drive was like that! Plus, the tow truck guy was using a GPS system! Needless to say, he did get my car and me safely to the garage...eventually.


Now I'm just waiting to find out how much the repairs will cost. With a 1991 automobile, I've got to ask myself how much I'm willing to spend to fix the darn thing. Just in case the repairs are over worth more than the value of the car, I took this picture of the odometer to remember my little Honda and all the miles we've driven together. This is also a picture from the freeway of the sun coming up over Mt. Rainier.
Wishing you all a happy and safe commute on Monday!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew AAA was a good thing.

We have 5 vehicles on the verge of a nerve-racking breakdown:
• 1995 Pontiac Bonneville – May be having Transmission problems.
• 1991 Honda Accord – 260,000 miles, whoa momma!
• 1994 Ford Ranger – 160,000 miles, Runs OK, but you never know.
• 1987 MiniWinne – 17,000 miles – Low Mileage, but the tow bill would be nasty!
• 2001 Honda ST1300 – Runs Great! Too bad it has a really small gas tank, forget to fill it up, and you’re in trouble.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home