Margaret Garner

My life in Margaritaville

Monday, September 24, 2007

P & P from DC

Back in February of 2001, I went kayaking for a week in the Sea of Cortez with Sea Kayak Adventures.

http://www.seakayakadventures.com/cortez.htm

It was a fantastic week of paddling through the clear blue water to islands in the Sea of Cortez and camping on sandy beaches. I traveled with a small group from around the US and Canada, including Pat and Patty Garvey from Washington D.C. I was delighted and surprised last week to hear that they were traveling to Seattle over the weekend and wanted to visit.

It was so great to visit with them; both still as funny and warm-hearted as I remember. It was nice to catch up and to also reminisce about our trip, the hermit crab races on the beach, the pineapple upside down cake our guides baked for Pat's birthday, the windstorm that carried our tents into the lagoon, and the beautiful sunsets that one could appreciate while sitting on the throne (AKA, port-a-potty)! I have been richly rewarded to meet so many wonderful people on my travels.

Thanks to the Garvey's for a wonderful visit. I look forward to the next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home