Margaret Garner

My life in Margaritaville

Thursday, September 13, 2007

I have a not-so-secret admirer













Yes, I have an admirer. He is, however, four years old.

According to his mother, Finn anxiously awaits my arrival when I visit the O'Malley household in Bellingham.

Kristin told me that Finn was very excited about my overnight visit this past weekend and kept inquiring about what time I would arrive. When I did arrive and made my way to the playroom downstairs, Finn did a little "happy dance" and gave a squeal of excitement (Why don't my adult friends do that when I come to visit?).

The admiration of a four-year-old is a curious thing however, as Finn stood shyly by the couch after the initial excitement of our reunion. The early awkwardness quickly melted away after I gave him a big bear hug and a few raspberries on his bare belly (something I promise NOT to do when I greet my adult friends). In the afternoon when I was away at the wedding, I am told that Finn repeatedly asked in desperation,"When is she coming back?". Then in the morning he told me "I thought you were NEVER going to get here". Kristin says that Finn was also very excited for us to eat breakfast together and I was glad to oblige. After all, who can can say no to a breakfast of Honey Nut Cheerios with a toddler in Underoos! Of course, I knew it was time for breakfast because I could hear Finn outside the guest bedroom in the morning, asking "Why is she in there?".
I feel a lot of pressure living up the expectations of a four-year-old. I think my reputation has been inflated by his mother. If I could only be as great as Finn thinks I am.

He's the terrific one.
pic #1- Kristin and Ruarc
pic #2 - Finn the Master Painter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home