Margaret Garner

My life in Margaritaville

Monday, June 09, 2008

You've been married longer than I've been alive!


Yesterday was my parent's 40th wedding anniversary. Instead of a romantic weekend for two, they came to our house for the weekend. And what did they want to do? House projects! Unbelievable, but true. They pressure washed the sidewalk, weeded flower beds, and pruned shrubs (Quote: "It's fun for us. We don't 'get to' do this anymore" -- now that they live in Tucson).

It wasn't all work and no play. On Saturday we visited with Wenmei and their grand-godson, Zach. They were delighted to finally meet baby Zach and they were thoroughly impressed with how Wenmei has blossomed into her new role as a mom (but then again, they are always thoroughly impressed with Wenmei).

On Sunday we had a small gathering and invited Nate, Regan and Whit over for brunch which also gave them a chance to see our new house (and newly pressure-washed sidewalk!). We had a great time and my parents were so happy to have the chance to visit with everyone.

It was a joy to celebrate with my parents on their anniversary. They are an inspiration and I'm very blessed to be their daughter!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It WAS a great weekend. Thanks.
DJ

12:22 PM  
Blogger wenmei said...

It was so great to see your parents! And I'm flattered that they think I've blossomed into my role as a mom. As a late-bloomer, I'm always excited to hear that I may finally be blossoming.

Also, when I first read the title of this post I thought, "Really?!? Wow!!" and then I thought about it for another second. DUH. :)

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home