Margaret Garner

My life in Margaritaville

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Touch of Yellow


Yesterday morning, Shilpa, Wenmei and little Zach made the trek from Seattle to the Eastside for brunch at my house. Shilpa was in town for a few days visiting from NYC. I haven't seen Shilpa since September of 2005 and it was so wonderful to spend some time with her!


Brunch gave me a chance to try out some of my favorite recipes. Once everything was prepared and we sat down to eat I realized that the entire meal was...well, yellow! I had made a scrambled egg casserole dish, a baked, fluffy Swedish pancake called Aggkaka and served pineapple! It was a moment of personal pride, realizing that I was following in the footsteps of some great women in my family, specifically my aunt Patti who is known as a gifted monochromatic meal maker. I'm glad to be bringing the tradition to the next generation. Maybe next I'll try to sew like my aunt Gennie who made the cute apron I'm wearing in the picture.

5 Comments:

Blogger wenmei said...

It was the best yellow-themed brunch I've ever had. And the Aggkaka is less giggly when you write it than when you say it.

Next time, I challenge you to do a purple-themed meal. :)

11:57 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Is that all you've got, Wenmei? Purple? Not a problem. I thought you were going to come at me with something more difficult, like blue.

9:48 PM  
Blogger wenmei said...

Well if you want to be THAT way...how about chartreuse? And I expect all food groups to be represented. :)

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, those color-coded meals appear accidentally. That's the magic and embarrassment all in one. Keep up the good work, neice!!
Aunt Patti

10:40 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Ahhhhh, a comment from the Legend herself!

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home