Margaret Garner

My life in Margaritaville

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter


Keith and I just returned from a great Easter weekend with our family in Longview. We were missing a few of the regulars (Nate and Regan are in Mexico, my parents are still in Tucson), but it was great to see Grandpa, Greg and Genie, Whitney and our gracious hosts, Randy and Patti. I've been extremely busy with work on houses and school, so it was great to have Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning to just cook, eat, visit and "share stories" (read: BS-- you BS'ers know who you are!) with my family.


As always, the food was delicious- for dinner on Saturday we had salmon with an apricot glaze, a mashed potato & sharp cheddar casserole, asparagus, broccoli, rolls and a garden salad. For brunch on Sunday we had every one's favorite egg dish and an orange & pecan coffee cake. Yum Yum.


As I write these descriptions of meals, I realize that I'm becoming more and more like my mother everyday. Like my mother I, too, look back on my life and remember where I was and what I was doing by remembering the meals I had. I guess there are worse traits a daughter could pick up from her mother. The daughter of a foodie becomes a foodie. Thanks mom!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Left Over Summary: Margaret and I came back from Longview with 8 rolls, a loaf of bread, half a Marrion Berry Pie, and some of the Coffie Cake. Yum!

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your ruminations on life and food are dead on. I don't think it's just a mother-daughter kind of thing, as I experience it too. It's amazing how we remember with a taste or smell.

I wonder how much of it comes from our Grandmother, who grew up on a rural farm in SD with 13 siblings. Everyone gathering arround the table. She could cook to!

9:17 PM  
Blogger wenmei said...

Sounds like a delicious meal! And very colorful too, I might add. This is your Aunt Patti of the monochromatic meal fame, isn't it? :)

1:30 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

This IS the famous monochromatic meal-making aunt! But she's not a one-note cook. Easter was a beautifully colorful and delicious meal : )

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home