Margaret Garner

My life in Margaritaville

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bavarian Blizzard


I spent this past weekend in Leavenworth with some friends. We had a great time snowshoeing and cross country skiing. The weather was certainly cold, but the snow was great. Many of the locals told us they hadn't seen that much snow in 10 years. We also had some delicious food. Of course German cuisine is the taste of the town. We, however, indulged in pan-Asian dinner Saturday night and Italian Sunday night! I do love German food, but I was in the minority. Nobody else in my group was feeling the love for wiener schnitzel. After some shopping, a few games of Apples to Apples, some wine, a soak in the hot, and viewing the fireworks for ice festival, it was time to head for home. It was a great weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger wenmei said...

What? Not feelin' the love for the Schnitzel? How can anyone be within 10 miles of Leavenworth and not feel the love?? Sacrilege!

You're quite the hottie XC skier, btw. :)

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a good times. I do miss our Leavenworth outings.

DJ

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home