Margaret Garner

My life in Margaritaville

Friday, June 20, 2008

The official and unoffical start of summer

At 4:59 p.m. today, summer begins! In a manner completely uncharacteristic of Seattle, this official start of summer is actually a beautiful, warm, sunny day. What a treat. Of course, the weather forecast calls for some rain over the weekend, but today we will enjoy.

My unofficial start of summer began at 2:35 p.m. on Wednesday when I finished up my last day of work for the 2007-08 school year. Two days into my summer vacation and I'm slowly adjusting to having free time. After the busiest Spring of my life on top of an already crazy and chaotic school year, it feels a bit odd to have nothing that I have to do. Now I have to think of things I want to do. First on today's list- baking biscuits for strawberry shortcake...the ultimate summer dessert.

Every summer vacation I go through this adjustment period; trying to think up ways to fill up my time. Eventually I adapt to the lazy days of summer. Then, having one project a days seems like a full plate ("I'll go to the grocery store tomorrow, I've already been to the post office today."). As of now I'm through the adjustment period. I'm going now to figure out some projects that need to be done. Maybe I'll work outside for a while. Best to work outdoors while we still have this glorious sunshine.

Happy Summer!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Up Next China, that should help fill up your summer. :^)

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home