Margaret Garner

My life in Margaritaville

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Run Forrest, Run!!!!

This morning was the annual Kirkland Half Marathon. I'd like to claim that I completed the 13.1 miles, but I was not running (or even participating) in this morning's race. Instead, my role was support crew and cheering section for my brother who finished in spectacular time. Keith averaged just over 8 minutes per mile, which is even more impressive given the difficult course. If you know anything about the topography of Kirkland, think about going UP from the shores of Lake Washington to the top of Rose Hill at Lake Wa Tech College. That's a LOT of climbing to do!!!! All his training certainly paid off this morning. Maybe someday I'll get myself in shape enough to run a 1/2 M. Maybe...

Way to go KEITH. I hope you can walk up the stairs tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger wenmei said...

Way to go Forrest..er...Keith!

As for you, li'l Miss Triathalon, YOU can do a 1/2 marathon no problem...

2:10 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Wenmei,
Thanks for your faith in me. I'm tempted to give the 1/2M distance a try, but it's intimdating. I'm not much of a distance runner.
MG

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home