Margaret Garner

My life in Margaritaville

Monday, October 22, 2007

Getting "Swank" in the Emerald City






Saturday night was Emerald City Swank, a fundraiser for Seattle Works.

I arrived with Jessica and Nick and we promptly got cocktails and wandered through the silent auction. There were so many lovely things to bid on; theatre tickets, nice bottles of wine, resort vacations, etc. My only bid was $60 for carpet cleaning. Boring, yes...but practical. I was quickly out bid, so my carpets will have to wait for another day to be steam cleaned. Oh well.

After another cocktail, we entered the dinning room to join our table. Maria sponsored a table for 10 and we had a fun group. During dinner was the live auction where the bidding was out of our league. I should say out of my league. Others at our table had the means to bid big, but wanted to lay low after having auction-buyers remorse from previous events (Hope you enjoy that autographed Eddie Vedder poster, Beth!). Nick, however, did splurge on a bottle of champagne for the table!

After dinner was dancing. The DJ knew how to cater to drunk 30-somethings and played Michael Jackson (strictly pre-Thriller), Justin Timberlake and other pop music faves. My friends tore it up on the dance floor. All in all, it was a great night with a great group of friends.

Pictures
#1 Jessica, Nick, Margaret
#2 Lisa and Maria
#3 Nick bids on a bottle of champagne for the table
#4 Erika and Nick tear it up on the dance floor




2 Comments:

Blogger wenmei said...

You look great! All grown up and stuff. How'd that happen? ;)

3:56 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

All grown up, and a little demonic with my red eyes!

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home