Margaret Garner

My life in Margaritaville

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Baaaaaaaa
















Once again, I apologize to the reader of my blog for my long absence. Here we go...
This weekend I went to the Sheep Shearing Festival at Kelsey Creek Park in Bellevue. My primary purpose for attending was to visit Teri, my friend and co-worker. Teri and her spinning group (we're talking textile arts here, not stationary bike riding) were demonstrating making yarn out of wool. Teri was eager to teach me how to spin wool on the spinning wheel. "It's very easy" she said,"you can't really mess it up!" Famous last words! Although I appreciate Teri's confidence in me, apparently I could mess it up. In less than 60 seconds I had Teri's yarn in such a knotted mess she had to cut it out! Whoa jeez! Sorry Teri! After that, it was time to hop on my bike and pedal back home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home