Margaret Garner

My life in Margaritaville

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Hold on, it's going to be a wild ride.

You know that feeling you get once you've committed to going on a wild roller coaster? You get in line and wait for your turn. When you make it to the front of the line you get yourself situated in the car, secure your safety harness, grip the bar in front of you and wait for the launch. In those few seconds of waiting, you're filled with adrenaline, excitement and nerves. You know that once you take off there's no stopping, you've just got to hold on through the corkscrews and free falls until you make it to the end.

For me, this is the best way to describe how I feel at the start of the school year. I know that for the next 180 school days, I'm in for a one heck of a wild ride. No way off. Just buckle up and hold on (and hope that I can make it through without barfing).

Tonight I'm waiting to launch.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeeee Hawwwwww...

12:03 AM  
Blogger wenmei said...

I hope that you'll buy the picture they take of you screaming as you swoosh down the biggest hill... :)

How'd today go? Only 179 days to go!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home