Margaret Garner

My life in Margaritaville

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Denee's Baby Shower




Today was the baby shower for Denee, my dear friend and trusted colleague. Denee and her husband are adding to their brood with a baby boy due in April. We celebrated with a fiesta-shower at La Costa Mexican restaurant. This may not be a traditional setting for a baby shower, but who can argue with good Mexican food and Margaritas (non-alcoholic for those who were so inclined). We did our best to turn the restaurant into the "baby zone" and the La Costa staff were quite obliging. Thanks!

With just two months until Denee's due date, I have yet to face the reality of life at work without her. Although I send her with blessings into the next phase of her life as a stay-at-home mom, Denee's absence from the counseling office will be a personal loss. As our drug and alcohol counselor, Denee's support and guidance, both professional and personal, has had a profound impact on my life. I will miss her. Her shoes (and all her cute hats) will be impossible to fill.

Best wishes Denee and Terry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home