Margaret Garner

My life in Margaritaville

Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Owner's Suite





A home remodeler's job is never done...but, sometimes there are successes along the way. Our "Owner's Suite" (I use this term because, believe it or not, experience has taught me the that term "M*ster Bath" will be filtered out by various programs. I guess it is a little too close to another naughty term) is finally finished.

This is the smallest room we've remodeled and arguably the most elaborate project. Keith and I did all the work ourselves, except the tile work. Of course, the tile IS the highlight of the bathroom, but Keith and I certainly put in our time on this project. Our work included demolition and expanding the size of the shower, electrical and lighting, installing a pocket door, painting, installing toilet, sink, and vanity, and all the finishing work and trim. It's been hard work and a long process, but we are very pleased with the results. You can see the before, during, and after photos above (hopefully you can figure out which is which).

As I bask in the glow of our completed "Suite", the remodeling projects continue. As I write, I'm sitting in my dining room surrounded by the contents of my kitchen which has been emptied in preparation of our countertop installation and cabinet refacing which is being done this week. We've also ripped apart our main bathroom.

The fun continues....