Margaret Garner

My life in Margaritaville

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Winter Refugee, Part Deux

Windstorm '06 was a doozie. For the second time in less than three weeks, I've sought refuge in
the warm comfort of a friend's house. This time I've made my way to Bellingham to stay with my dear friends the O'Malley's; Noah, Finn, Kristin, and Roarc (left to right on the couch).

The power went out at my house on Thursday night and as of Saturday night, it's still not on. On Friday, Keith and I made the best of our situation and lit candles throughout the house, cooked hamburgers on the BBQ and roasted s'mores in the fireplace. But, after two nights in the cold, the novelty of living without power has worn off. Today I decided to make my way north where they were less impacted by the storm.

It was a great relief to get to the O'Malley home where they have heat, tv, internet, microwave and all the other appliances that now seems like luxuries. Plus, I get to be with good friends. Thanks you O'Malleys!

I hope the power is back on soon (and Kristin and Noah are REALLY hoping too!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home