Margaret Garner

My life in Margaritaville

Monday, April 23, 2012

Run Margaret, Run

Last month I ran in my second ever half-marathon.  Keith went to the Mercer Island Half Marathon festival the day before the race and sign-up. I made a spontaneous decision to join him.  I decided I might as well sign up for a race that starts/finishes just a few blocks away from my house! Remarkably I felt strong during the race and averaged 9 minute miles for the first 8 miles.  My pace slowed a bit the last 5 miles (the hilly part of the course) but overall, I stayed strong.  I ran the entire distance, expect for brief pauses for water.  It also helped that Keith slowed his pace a bit to run with me.  Thanks for the encouragement, Keith!  I ran my personal best, 2:05:09...and if I had to predict, I believe that will be my lifetime best.  We'll see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home