Margaret Garner

My life in Margaritaville

Sunday, October 09, 2011

Eins, Zwei, Drei!!!!!

Over the next, ohhhh...I don't know how long, I'll catch you up on my life since I last blogged consistently.  But, for now I'll just share my fun weekend in Leavenworth with Keith. And, for those of you who are not from Washington State let me clarify that Leavenworth is a Bavarian-themed town in the foothills of the North Cascades with a rockin' (or rather, um pah pahin') Oktoberfest!
We arrived on Friday in time for dinner, and instead of the traditional German food, we had a nice Italian dinner.  Then it was off to the hotel and early to bed for a full Saturday of touring, bratwust and beer. 
In the morning we had breakfast at the diner in Plain, WA. It was a beautiful day and I always love shopping at Just Plain Hardware.  Then we went to a fruit-stand-gone-wild just outside of Leavenworth where we bought some canned good and gourds (getting in the harvest festival spirit). Then in the afternoon we hit town.  Oktoberfest in Leavenworth consists of 4 building/tents, each with different musical groups playing (mostly of the German or German-hybrid variety).  You can also buy beer and German-food (brats, kraut, pretzels, etc).  It's quite a spectacle, with young and old all celebrating together.  It gives many a chance to wear their lederhosen, which party-goers undoubtedly look forward to all year (strange, but true). Randomly, many people also use Oktoberfest as an excuse to wear crazy hats.  Not sure what crazy hats have to do with Bavarian culture, but why ask questions. We also saw two guys dressed-up as Storm Troupers. Really not sure what THAT has to do with Bavarian culture, but who cares?!?!
One of the best parts was seeing Krissy and Jason in town!  Maybe in the future we'll plan to celebrate together!  Overall Keith and I enjoyed a sunny, fun-filled weekend. I had a great time!










1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back to blogging.You have been missed.

DJ

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home