Margaret Garner

My life in Margaritaville

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Granite countertops and Granite Mountain






This weekend was all about Granite!

On Saturday, I went to an open house at Carrie and Ben Middlemiss's to see the remodel work they have done on their kitchen, dining room, and living room. Since DIY home-remodeling is a topic of great interest to me, I went eager to see what they have done (and to enjoy the sushi and sake!). Their house looks BEAUTIFUL! It was hard to take a picture that does it justice, but you can see the spectacular kitchen island and stainless steel appliances. I hope my kitchen looks even half as good when complete.

On Sunday, I went hiking with Wenmei and Cowboy to the top of Granite Mountain. We couldn't have picked a better day for hiking, with clear skies, fall colors, and amazing views of Mt. Rainier to the south, Mt. Baker to the north, and Lake Katchess to the east. It's been two days and my legs still aren't fully recovered from the steep hike, but it was worth it!

2 Comments:

Blogger wenmei said...

You're sore too? Oh good, it's not just me then. :)

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Margaret, we need to talk about Red Eye Reduction Software

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home